Fabric: A black rayon(?) I got for free on freecycle.org
Notions: Three buttons for the front closure and a 7" side zipper (the only thing I bought)
Cost: 99 cents for the zip, everything else I had and was free
Time: This was quick ad easy to make, maybe 2-3 hours.
Molly's Ews: I didn't baste the front shut before attaching the bodice to the skirt, which accounts for that wrinkle next to the bottom button. I also cut the skirt on the wrong angle so the sides were extra droopy. I spent a long time trying to cut it even, and it just kept getting shorter and shorter! Finally, I used the tape measure as my radius and made chalk marks all around in a circle and then cu and hemmed it. I should have done that from the start.
The back is quite nice. The buttons are cool and they remind me of dice. They are black circles with white squares inside. I only had three and it was perfect!
As you can see, it's a bit shorter than my usual, but it's not skanky looking.
Also, we went to the air show on sunday and watched it from farther north up the lake. The weather was awesome and it was nice to sit in the sun and people watch.
I like towering over the skyline like a giant.
This cracks me up every time I drive by. Some comic book store on Western puts the Spidey on the bike every day and chains him there so no one can steal him. LOL