Here is my pattern, a 1972. I made the halter top and pants from black rayon challis. I made the pattern as is, even though it's one size up at a 34 bust, because it's meant to be roomy and loose.Here's my finished product. I am pretty pleased with it; it's very comfortable and flowy and cool for the summer. If I made it again, I would shorten the waist to crotch length, it is a little too long.
From the side, so you can see how it is a wrap top. Most of my pattern adjustments eliminated all hand sewing. This pattern wanted a ridiculous amount of hand sewing, which I find very tedious. So everything is machine sewn, including the pants hem. I also made a giant buttonhole on the right hand side, for the tie to pass through. Genius!! It was bigger than my biggest template, so I made3/4 of my biggest, and then moved it around and made another3/4 to make an even bigger buttonhole.
From the back:
My zipper is very nice. Basting and following the rules has been working very well for me in the zipper department.
Just to prove it is pants, and to show my renewed love for cartwheels!!
Next up is a pencil skirt using my new pattern, which I cut out today, or my bigger version of the white shorts. We'll see!!