Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Charlie's Angels Jumpsuit Pictures

Here is my pattern, a 1972. I made the halter top and pants from black rayon challis. I made the pattern as is, even though it's one size up at a 34 bust, because it's meant to be roomy and loose.
Here's my finished product. I am pretty pleased with it; it's very comfortable and flowy and cool for the summer. If I made it again, I would shorten the waist to crotch length, it is a little too long.
From the side, so you can see how it is a wrap top. Most of my pattern adjustments eliminated all hand sewing. This pattern wanted a ridiculous amount of hand sewing, which I find very tedious. So everything is machine sewn, including the pants hem. I also made a giant buttonhole on the right hand side, for the tie to pass through. Genius!! It was bigger than my biggest template, so I made3/4 of my biggest, and then moved it around and made another3/4 to make an even bigger buttonhole.
From the back:
My zipper is very nice. Basting and following the rules has been working very well for me in the zipper department.
Just to prove it is pants, and to show my renewed love for cartwheels!!

Next up is a pencil skirt using my new pattern, which I cut out today, or my bigger version of the white shorts. We'll see!!

16 comments:

  1. The back is really cute! And great cartwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is hella nice! :) Totally doesn't look like the pattern envelope. I want one! :()

    ReplyDelete
  3. from a 70's girl...I love it! so classy and it looks comfortable. You could wear it out too. Oh, and that is a very impressive cartwheel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute - my mom had one of these in the 70s and I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I'm excited to see this pattern made up as I have it it my stash waiting on the perfect fabric. The black is very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous and very classy. I am sure Charlie and Bosley would employ you as one of their angels in no time, especially when they see your cartwheel.
    Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so elegant. Cartwheels - how fun.

    I greatly dislike handsewing, too.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome! Yay for the 70s! But you didn't do the cheesy finger-gun Charlie's angels pose :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I love sewing from vintage patterns as well! Enjoy your new outfit!

    AlexaNJ on PatternReview.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so elegant, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE it!! Fabulous job! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, especially the wrap tie and halter top. Very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd be doing cartwheels too! Love this..great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE IT! i personally would make the front V a little lower maybe take out the wrap and add like blazer flaps, although i really LOVE the wrap ideal and for a chic-er look i would shorten the bottom pants hem to 3-5 inches above your ankle and wear 'em with boot heels! LOL GREAT GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!