Saturday, May 22, 2010

Holy Moly!

I've made some progress on my polyester dress. Having never attempted to match stripes, I am quite pleased with my work. The off part under the armpit is because of the side-boob dart.
The pattern pieces for the facings were gone, so I made them myself. At one point I sewed one on backwards, put the other on correctly, the sat down to watch tv while picking out the wrong one. I stood up, looked at it, and realized I picked out the one that was on right. Yeah, girl!
I bought some Butterick patterns on sale at JO-Ann. Omg, I had no idea patterns cost 14-18.95 each! Jeez, who would even pay full price for that? They are all "super easy" and "easy." I could draft them myself, but these were on sale for 1.99.
I like all of these styles. The red blouse up top will be made up first in a light, white cotton. Somehow, I am going to make it button up the back. That should be easy enough.

Andrew has gone to visit his family for a week (aka abandoned me) so I bet I will get a lot of sewing done. Plus, it's the last week of school, so all I need to do is show up! Yay! Free time, how I have missed you.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be around in spirit! Miss you.
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great matching the stripes. Interesing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have B5217 and made view C into a top and a lengthened it a bit for a sundress. It IS easy and except for one part I screwed up on It went together beautifully! I get a lot of comments on the dress! Have fun sewing this week :)

    ~Kelli @ Smidgens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! Excellent matching job, no one would ever know that was your first time dealing with stripes and sideseams.
    Enjoy your free time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!