Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two New Dresses!

Sale pattern from Vogue for 3.99. V1207. I cut an 8, which fits.
It fits me better than the dummy. It's made for no bra, as the sleeve fall a little off the shoulder and it has a deep V back.
Fabric is my fave, rayon challis from Hancock on sale! The sleeves are pretty awesome. I tacked them on the machine. I would say this is definitely not a beginner pattern. The website says "Average" which is the third most difficult. The pattern pieces are interestingly shaped. It is lined with the same fabric.
Numero dos:
I made view B, a tunic shirt. It looks like a dress on me, and I didn't even lengthen it!
We're going to the beach in Florida next week, so I see this as a super casual summer dress/ beach dress.
Hopefully, I will take better pictures this weekend. I'm having a garage sale on Sat to get rid of a ton of stuff!

5 comments:

  1. Both are really pretty! They should be perfect for the hot beach weather, I want to see lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, both of them! I've actually been admiring that dress pattern for such a long time; really love the back! There's something just subtlety
    sexy about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your dresses look very nice! I really like that first one. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dresses, I'm envious of how fast you seem to be able to whip them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patterned fabric for the first dress, it is gorgeous. The shape of the dress looks great too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!