Yay, I finally made something I like after my disappointing jeans project. I made this 1950s? blouse pattern from one of my vintage fabrics from the estate sale a few weeks ago. I made the folded down collar, but with the short sleeves from view 3.
My fabric has an awesome print of hearts and lines in red, white and blue. I only had 1 1/8th yard, so there wasn't very much matching I could do. I barely managed to cram all the pieces onto it. I had less than a handful of shreds left at the end.
This only took a few hours to make, as it was very simple. I shortened the torso, as usual. The front pattern piece had the facing included, but I has to cut it separately and add a seam. Totally unnoticeable.
For notions, I used some royal blue thread I already had and some of my many miscellaneous vintage red buttons. I have a lot of really pretty red plastic ones, but usually I only have 2 or 3 or each type. I used three small, round ones with an interlocking circle pattern and two that are flowers. Andrew said that's weird, but I told him he;s not allowed to have opinions that differ from mine- at least relating to my opinions of my own sewing projects. Hee hee.
I was able to line up the sleeves so that they have a heart and a big X on each. That's cute.
As it's already getting cold here, in my opinion, it will be nice to wear with jeans. Under a jacket. Brr.