Originally, I had planned to use this fabric I bought in Portland over Xmas to make another version of this dress, which I love. I was being delusional thinking I could make an eight gore skirt and dress with pockets out of two yards of fabric, duh. In the end, I used the skirt pieces to just make a skirt with no waistband. It turned out really big, and then I had to go back and take in about half an inch on all of the seams, which fixed it.Every time I take self-timed pictures, T-Rex has to interfere.
The back is simple. It would have been impossible to line up the print with the shape of the pieces, so I just aimed for having a pink stripe down the center of each sections, and I am pleased with the result.
I sewed on about four grey buttons, and then decided I hated them and they were boring. I went to Jo-Ann and picked up these cheap, but cute pink buttons. $2 for ten, whoo hoo.
It has pockets, which is a plus!
Also, you can see my garden so far. Now that the weather is in the 70s, I will be able to sit outside and enjoy the balcony again!
I am still trying to finish the devil that is my military dress. It is evil and I am frustrated. The benefit of only having one bobbin is I can refuse to switch it from brown until I finish the dress! Take that, Molly!