Most importantly, my first lemon baby has ripened! How exciting! The tree was blooming for my birthday in Feb, so they have almost taken as long as a real baby.
I have decided on five specific sewing goals for November, so that I can hold myself accountable and you can shame and nag me if I am slacking.
1. FINISH THE CAPE!!! It is already shameful that the cape has been unfinished for years. All it needs is the rest of lining sewn in by hand. Maybe a few nights in front of the tv!
2. Make a (probably full-skirted) dress out of these 3 yards of cotton. Pattern is still undecided.
3. Make this Vogue dress in the 3/4 sleeve view. The fabric is a rich, purple, cotton sateen with a little stretch. It told me to buy 4 yards, but I bought 3. I bet I'll need to shorten the dress skirt by a foot anyways.
4. Hem the navy blue Swirl dress from the estate sale. It will be first because I have matching thread.
5. Sew down the kick pleat on my Social Studies Dress. I went to wear it the other day and it will not lay flat. I didn't shorten the dress on the right line, so the proportions are off and it looks like lumpy ruffles from the butt down. Ugly, but easily fixed!
Therefore, I have one month to complete these five tasks. I have the whole week of Thanksgiving off, so there should be no excuses!!