Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Next up- Simplicity 2549

This is my fabric. Looking at my closet I was struck by how many blah work clothes I have in neutral colors. Ick. I know everyone else will be sewing for fall, but I have so much brown, black, navy and gray already. I want more color! Plus, in New Orleans, it sometimes begins to get chilly around the end of October, so I still have a solid month of summer dress weather.

Recently, my students pointed out that blue must be my favorite color because I wear it a LOT. And they were right. Many of my dresses I've made are shades of blue. Therefore, this one will be PINK! The color is slightly off in the picture, it is very baby, pretty pink with tiny black dots. It is just a quilter's cotton, but I have had my fill of slippery fabrics lately.
This is my pattern- Simplicity 2549. From 1958, according to the interwebs. I am making the full, pleated skirt. I made the bodice and tried it on. Although it is a 34 bust, it looks like it will be a decent fit.
Don't you think it will be cute with my black flower belt I just made? I pulled out all my pink buttons, and I am still pondering the two for the front.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm so selfishly excited to see your finished dress. You see, I have the exact same pattern and I've not had time to make it yet ;o)

    It's gorgeous and I'm sure you'll make a great job out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I have that pattern, so I'm eager to see it made up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oi meu nome é Cíntia
    gostei do seu blog mas queria saber se vc não tem tradutor para que eu possa ler seu blog
    aprendizdecostura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see it finished and on you! The belt you made is perfect for this dress and fabric. Have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!