Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Halloween Costume Decided!

I have decided! I want to be the High Life girl in the moon! Now it is cheap beer, that some would say tastes like piss, but it is my favorite beer! $7.99 for a 12 pack of bottles? How can you beat that!? (Shh, that's a rhetorical question!)
This is the actual picture from the box/label. Firstly, it is awesome. Secondly, I could totally make this costume! Thirdly, I already have a pair of red cowboy boots that I love!

Here is a picture of someone in the best looking replica I could find online (but I didn't do anything beyond Google Images)

The website Fabric Horse made this costume to order for some kind of function. Click on the link for their website- they have some other commissioned costumes, and they are all pretty awesome.

Components: Give me some feedback on construction if you have any!

Hat of some kind- either found red or painted red, with gold ribbon trim.
Red Boot- Done!
Black and gold striped camisole.
Red circle? skirt with double ribbon trim on bottom
Puff sleeve, short sleeve jacket with no lapels, rounded bottom, double row of gold trim
Black waist scarf with gold hearts on it.


I am so excited! Plus, I still have about a month and a half to finish this, so I can do it! T-rex is going to have a little blue velvet Napoleon coat, and Andrew is still undecided. If he puts it off too long he will be wearing his pilgrim costume for the third year in a row!

Woot woot!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT! It should be as much fun to make as to wear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!