Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Butterick 6727- Pictures!

So this is my pattern:
I made it out of some detestable slinky polyester, because I really like the print. Sewing with it was horrible, and the zipper is quite lumpy and puckered. I ended up leaving off the collar, because it made the dress look like a costume, in my opinion. However, I should have interfaced the neckline, as it is unstable and less than symmetrical.
This picture is bad, but funny. Doesn't Andrew's giant shadow look like it has devil horns?
Here's my ok shot. I don't much love this dress. It's one of the "needs to sit in my closet until I forget the details on why I hate it" category.
I do love these heels. Sadly, they get no play because they are way too high to stand in all day at school. I made that mistake once, and lived to regret it.

Oh well, on to my black and white jumper!

7 comments:

  1. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! The print is great and it looks fabulous on you! I think Andrew's shadow looks a bit like Batman :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely :) Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress and I LOVE the heels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I reckon the dress looks great... can't see any puckering or flopping about or anything! CUTE (with those shoes too!) OUTFIT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, looks great on you and the fabric is very cool. I would be concerned about those horns only showing up in shadows....hahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!