Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

New Vogue Patterns

I had a lot of sewing plans for today, but now I have a crushing headache. I just want to go to bed, but I'm not tired. Fun fun. I did manage to hem half of the bottom of my cape, so maybe one more hour of sewing and it's finally done! Yay!

I went to Hancock and bought these two Vogue patterns on 3.99 sale. I will never get over how expensive patterns are full price- it takes all the value (money-wise) out of sewing if you pay 27 bucks for the patterns alone!

Anyways, after watching Gertie make her whole coat step-by-step, I have realized that I have no interest in hand tailoring my coat. I hate boring hand sewing. That just seems like a way for me to never, ever finish my Vogue 755 coat. Which I haven't started... I saw these in the book of patterns a few weeks ago and was waiting for a sale. I got the last one left of both, and the only one in my size! What luck!
I have been wanting this pattern for a long time too, but Hancock was out of it, and I keep missing Vogue sales at Jo-Ann. So today my mom picked it up for me in Orgeon! Yay! Thanks, Mom!
V1174

Time to go sleep off this horrible headache. Maybe tomorrow I'll make more sewing progress!

2 comments:

  1. I love your new patterns - and like, you - I love the couture hand sewing techniques but don't know if I would ever finish that - I guess my skill level is just not yet up to snuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I thought the same thing about Gertie's coat project! Waaaaay too much hand sewing and fussy work for me. Give me fusibles, machine padstitching, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!