Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Bridesmaid Dress Purchased!

I went to David's Bridal with my list in hand, and I rooted out about ten dresses that were possibilities. The one with flowers on the shoulder looked really cheap and tacky in person, and they didn't have one in my size. So I tried on all of them and ended up with two long ones and two short one.

Then I tried them on again and eliminated one of the short ones. The construction was shoddy. The lining of the strapless top was trying to roll over the edge.

In the end it came down to two. This one, with a cool neckline, a tie at the waist, and a snug skirt that flares out at the feet. And this one, strapless, with a draped chiffon skirt.

It was a tough call, since my mom is in Oregon and couldn't go with me (wahhh), but I eventually decided on the one with straps. It fit better, and I liked the sash and the fitted skirt. It makes me look slim, but there are gathers on the neckline to give some faux-fullness to the top. That and a super padded bra.

Anyways, they ordered it and I should have it around New Year's! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent choice! Even better, you won't constantly feel the need to tug it in place when dancing the way you would with a strapless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and that is the one I would have chosen. I wish I could have gone with you it would have been a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you in it at Anna's wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!