Here is my pattern, a 70s Vogue:
|I bet she has a Bump-it in her hair!|
It really didn't call for a lot a stretch sewing. I did figure out how to use the zig-zag attachment, but it kept feeding the spandex through on a diagonal and stretching it out. So I promptly gave up and just straight-stitched everything with a ball-point needle.
|I posted this on FB with "I have created the greatest swimsuit in the history of the world. It is known."|
Hey, look! The inside of something I made looks nice for once! Let's pause and cherish this fleeting moment. I switched to a stronger needle and reinforced all the seams and topstitched every edge. It looks fairly professional, except for the rear end. Oh yeah, besides the fact that no one else has a swimsuit this awesome.
|All hail Ra!|
And now, for some pictures of me in a swimsuit for the interwebs...
It's pretty awesome and shiny. The tops fits really well and hooks in the neck and back, so that allowed me to get a good fit.
Anyways, I have a rockin new swimsuit and I learned how to use my zig-zagger. Win-win-win!