Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Next project

Here is my next (several) project(s):
The full slip pattern is from the estate sale, so I bought some tricot online and lace for lingerie. I bought black, beige and white. I already have a black half slip, so I want to use my free time this summer to make half and full slips in all three colors. I subscribe to the theory that this is easier than lining every dress or skirt I make, and is much more washable, so the clothes themselves will last longer.
I need to hem the pants, add some fasteners above the zipper and make the hole for the tie to go through in the wrap top. I'll probably finish it all tomorrow!

On Thursday we're off to Florida for the 4th of July, so I doubt I'll be sewing, I'll be coating myself with sunscreen instead!

3 comments:

  1. that black outfit looks very chic. will you be wearing it in florida?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly
    Sassie Lassie has asked me to answer some questions in the game of 8 questions. I have just finished answering mine. Will be posted on Thursday.
    Anyway, I wanted to ask you next to join and share the answers to the following 8 questions with us.
    1) What outfit from a movie would you love to re-create?

    2) Tell us about your sewing spot/room. What is your favorite thing about it?

    3) Where did you learn to sew? Who taught you?

    4) If you could have dinner with one person from the past, who would it be?

    5) What/Who inspires you?

    6) What will always make you laugh?

    7) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

    8) What is something you would like us to know about you that you have never shared on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so pretty and sexy! I can't wait to see it on you. Have a wonderful time in Florida, wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!