Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

New Projects for Spring Break!




I am pretty much done with the blue dress. It only needs the hidden straps to be sewn on in the front. Last weekend we watched The Hangover, which is hilarious, while I did all the hand sewing.
The belt is draped around the dummy's neck. As you can see, the hidden straps will hold it up on a hanger, if nothing else.


On to new projects:

I found a cute lightweight cotton print to try out the 40's blouse pattern.
Blouse pattern:

Here is a nice print for a dress. Summery, and I bought 2 1/2 yards.
I don't know about the pattern yet.

Here are the lemons and the pattern I decided to use. I think it will be super-cute!

Now for a laid-back break from school- and as a teacher for the first time! :)

Anyone else have some fun spring projects?

3 comments:

  1. super cute fabric! I can't wait to see the blue dress on you, keep me posted. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, an empire-princess dress! I still have never found one myself. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I came over to your blog from Sew Retro - I want to be a teacher so I almost want to barrage you with a bunch of questions. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!