Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Vogue 8280- The Little Black Dress

I made this Vogue dress really quickly this last week. It is Vogue 8280 and is made of a medium heavy black knit. I am just sick of Vogue dresses that turn out to be so uncomfortable because they tell you to use a woven fabric. so that avoided that problem!

This si the pattern and I made view C with the long sleeves and pleated skirt thingie.
I meant for it to be a comfortable and semi-warm work dress for winter, but there is no way I will be wearing this to sub at the high school! It turned out to be pretty snug and way to sexy to wear to work. 
 The side and you can see the pleats on the skirt. You can also see T-Rex looking through the bottom panel of the window. He can't go on the porch anymore because Andrew and Luke are brewing beer out there.
 The back has some odd wrinkles and I had to take a pinch out of the lower back center seam. There was a big flop of loos fabric there. I was able to omit the zipper due to the stretch, which was good because I didn't have one long enough.
 I'm happy with it and it was super easy to make. It's an "Easy Vogue" which was much more pleasant.
 I really like it and will have to make an occasion to wear it since it is not for work!




15 comments:

  1. Oooh, it's fabulous! Definintly too sexy for work... but sexy is not a bad thing in a dress! Got any holiday parties to wear it to this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks fabulous! You'll have to wear it out to a nice dinner. That neckline is perfect for showing off a gorgeous necklace. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! It's hard to believe it was so easy to make, it looks like it has so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning dress! I agree with Rebecca - you totally need to wear that out for a lovely dinner, it's the perfect dress for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. You could probably get away with it for work if you wear a shirt over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little too "ass-grippy." I don't think I could feel comfortable around the teenagers.

      Delete
  6. So you ended up with a really great date or party dress instead of a prectical work dress? Oh darn ;) I wouldn't have necessarily thought to make that view, but I rather like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only did because I wanted long sleeves for the winter. I need to look at all the views on patterns and not just the ugly photo they put on the front!

      Delete
  7. I love it! The long sleeve version is definitely perfect for the weather we're having, and those pleats are pretty spectacular as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very classic and versatile. this will be the kind of dress you keep for decades because it looks so good and it'll never go out of style! i like the skirt pleats and the neckline.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!