Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Skirt in Progress

This post could also be titled RIP mirror. It has been lovely weather lately and we had all the windows open. Then, the door blew open and slammed the mirror face down on the ground and it shattered. Boo.

It is nearly finished, and a bit wrinkly.
I did the button-holes in grey, so they are barely noticeable. It will have ten buttons down the front, when I get around to doing that. Ick. This is when I wish I had a fancy sewing machine that would sew on buttons for me!
Plus it has pockets, woot woot!
Maybe I will sew on the buttons in the airport- Anna's wedding is on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great skirt, lovely fabric.
    Any zigzag sewing machine can sew on buttons. It takes a little concentration but it's very easy to do. Check your manual. You need to align the width of your zigzag satin stitch with the holes in the button (hold the button on with clear tape), and be sure to seal or tie off the ends of the threads really well. Fray check works but tying is better. A couple of really short straight stitches (stitch length on zero) in the last hole works, too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!