Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Grey and Pink Skirt

Originally, I had planned to use this fabric I bought in Portland over Xmas to make another version of this dress, which I love. I was being delusional thinking I could make an eight gore skirt and dress with pockets out of two yards of fabric, duh. In the end, I used the skirt pieces to just make a skirt with no waistband. It turned out really big, and then I had to go back and take in about half an inch on all of the seams, which fixed it.
Every time I take self-timed pictures, T-Rex has to interfere.
The back is simple. It would have been impossible to line up the print with the shape of the pieces, so I just aimed for having a pink stripe down the center of each sections, and I am pleased with the result.
I sewed on about four grey buttons, and then decided I hated them and they were boring. I went to Jo-Ann and picked up these cheap, but cute pink buttons. $2 for ten, whoo hoo.
It has pockets, which is a plus!
Also, you can see my garden so far. Now that the weather is in the 70s, I will be able to sit outside and enjoy the balcony again!

I am still trying to finish the devil that is my military dress. It is evil and I am frustrated. The benefit of only having one bobbin is I can refuse to switch it from brown until I finish the dress! Take that, Molly!

10 comments:

  1. I like it! I think this skirt showcases your fabric beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt turned out really cute and I love how the fabric lines up in the front! Looks like T-Rex is feeling better. I like the pink buttons better too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable fabric - and the skirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, loving your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this skirt and the choice of pink buttons was the better one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the skirt! That's such beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your skirt is super pretty, I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely, I love that skirt, you got a 70s look and the colors are my favorites by its softness. Great job. Sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabric is that?! It looks like a liberty print. You are right, the pink buttons look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabric and skirt are both so cute! I came over here from Burdastyle. I just wanted to tell you how much I like the skirt, and the way you placed the print on the panels. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!