Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back to School Dress, with pics


In the future, I will take the pictures in the morning. This is after a long day of work and a hot, a/c less car ride home, so bear with me.. This is Simplicity 4079. It turned out slightly big, so I made a belt (copied off a belt from Forever 21's website) for it. No one really commented on it at school, so tell me what you think!

Here is the pattern:
I was a little over-inspired by the illustration, eh?
From the back, with the dog looking like he's being abused.
Um, it looked better before I sat in it, ate lunch, etc. It looks like my velcro is a little off, but it was good for a patter-less test run, and to practice my copying from an image skills.
Soon I will have a skinny black belt and a fabric-covered sewing box to show you!

PS We lost out kickball game, boo hoo!

6 comments:

  1. Saw your post on Sew Retro - you did a great job and i love the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You did a great job and the belt is amazing I can't get over your making a belt this detailed from a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the construction of everything is beautiful! very impressive! I am not sure if I am feeling such a wide belt for that particular dress though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect back-to-school dress. Beautiful.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit. I have the same tendency to fixate on the envelope illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, ladies. No one at school noticed it, so that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!