Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Anna's Baby Outfit- Simplicity 6072

I bought these on a whim last time I was at Target, they are so tiny and cute and really cheap! Look at the cute feet!


 Regardless of how cheap children's clothes can be, I had promised Anna, and myself, that I would make something for the baby. I chose Simplicity 6072 from my stash after I learned that she was having a boy (the vast majority of my patterns are for girls). It's size newborn and I made the onesie, the bonnet and the little coat.
 The fabric is also from a different estate sale, it was a crib mattress cover. It has tiny stuffed bunnies pretending to be Indians, I think, and shooting bows and arrows.
Here is the bonnet and the little coat. It buttons down the front and the bonnets ties with bias tape. The ties also match the binding on the inside collar and the binding on the onesie's sleeves. 

 Here's the adorable onesie:
 It buttons on the back yoke to fit a giant baby head inside and at the crotch, as well. I just used white buttons from a jar that I acquired somewhere.
 The whole outfit:
 I thought I was being all prompt and not procrastinating like usual when I started this last week. However, it turns out Anna had her baby a bit early this weekend, so little Grayson has already entered the world!! Yay, congrats to Anna!

It was fun to make and pretty easy. The elastic casings for the legs made absolutely no sense they way they wanted it, so I made facings and put the elastic in them. It should be super cute when he's big enough to fit in it! Also, that counts as three items of my 52 for the year... hee hee.

Congrats to Anna and Chris!


7 comments:

  1. Toooo cute - they are fun to make and always looks great on babies...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Molly! I love the cute fabric and the pattern is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is adorable, what a cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so precious! Lovely job on the ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your outfit so much more than the target ones - that fabric is so unique it actually made me laugh! And I LOVE the name Grayson. Congratulations to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked everything you bought at Target but when I saw what you made for Grayson it really made me smile :D how adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!