Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

May pattern winner and some loot

I bought one patterns, a box of machine feet and three pieces of vintage fabric at an estate sale a few weeks ago and the left it in the trunk of the car forever. 
 On Saturday, we stopped at a sale on the way to the grocery store and I got this salt and pepper shaker set ($6)
 and this awesome lamp ($4). She called it a "hobnail" lamp. It is blue glass and has a marble base. It needs a good cleaning and to be rewired and a new shade, but I think it has potential. The estate sale itself was rather creepy. This person collected baby clothes and dolls, mountains of clothes and scary old dolls and doll parts.
 The winner of the May pattern giveaway is Dee Coyle Anderson! Dee, send me your mailing address at mollysewsblog/gmail/com.


2 comments:

  1. I bought an old lamp that I fell in love with last year from a thrift store. I decided to re-wire it. I bought a kit from Home Depot and followed the instructions. It was easy to rewire and it still works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I think the salt and pepper set is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!