Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Velvet!

Last night I felt inspired to make a dress for the holidays, something red. I went to Jo-Ann with my 40% off coupon in my hand, and I didn't like all of the red fabric; it was too shiny. Or stretchy. Or stiff. Or cheap-looking. A real Goldilocks dilemma here!

The I noticed they had red velvet and I went over to rub it. The 12.99 version felt stiff and cheap, like something you would use for Xmas decorating purposes. The 26.99 version was soft and wonderful and drapey. I bought the latter, since I only needed a yard and a half. With my savings, it will be a beautiful, red, velvet dress for less than 30 bucks. That's why I love sewing!!!

I will be using the same pattern as this dress. I remember thinking I wanted to remake it as a little black dress, but why not a little red dress instead? Yeah! Black is so boring.

I am going to whip it up on Saturday for my work Xmas party, then on Tuesday for the last day of school with my santa hat, and then for the family Xmas on the 26th!

Hopefully, I will have awesome results on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a nice dress pattern and it looks so pretty on you!! I have never made anything out of velvet, I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bondi dress
    evening dresses online afterpay
    gawn dress pic
    wedding dress maxi
    only the most beautiful are meant for a perfect beauty like you! http://www.minel.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!