Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

An Ew to an Adorable Alma Blouse!

After making my failure of a blouse (McCalls 6512), I wanted to salvage the fabric because it was really cute. I got out my Alma and decided to make the short sleeve version, but with the regular round neck. There was just enough fabric to make it work and the floppy bow turned out to be the perfect length for the belt!
 It all came together pretty smoothly. I used a navy invisible zipper on the right side and I sewed it in with a regular foot. I don't have an invisible zipper foot and it's a little visible, but I can live with it. My shoulder was still hurting from my stitches and I didn't feel like doing it by hand.
 The sleeves are a little more flared than my other short-sleeve Alma. I forgot to cut the notches and then decided to just wing it. I used yellow tape on the neck facing and navy blue on the underarms, since I didn't have enough fabric to cut that piece.
Overall, I am pretty happy with my new and improved blouse! The fit and the style are so much more flattering than the McCalls was. I'm glad I was able to save the fabric!

Plus, I just got these jeans at the Gap and they are a 0 Petite and are actually the perfect length! I was so excited. The sales associate said the petite sizes are only online, but someone probably returned them to the store and that's why they were there. It was MEANT TO BE!

8 comments:

  1. The blouse looks great! That fabric is pretty! It's always the best feeling when you're able to save pretty fabric from a sewing fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blouse fabric! I'm so glad this worked out because it makes a lovely Alma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! I love it :D I just got my alma pattern in the mail friday. glad to see how cute yours is - it gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blouse, beautiful fabric, so glad you could save it! It's always so exciting to find a pair of jeans the right length!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous blouse! And so perfectly paired with that small floral print fabric and jeans. A total winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great outfit!!
    You look adorable, what a gorgeous blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the failure blouse didn't look too bad until I saw this! Wowee, you look gorgeous! glad the fabric was granted a new life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!