Thursday, January 23, 2014

New ironing board cover!

Here is my first project for January. Loosely speaking, my goal is to make three projects per month. I think that is attainable, hopefully!

My old on was about four years old and was faded, dirty and burned in a fee places. I cut the elastic and traced it out.
I turned the edges under a little over half an inch and them fed se thin elastic through. It was quick and easy.

I used the old batting from before, which is fairly flattened, but still works enough to separate it from the metal board. 
The fabric is cool and is nice to look at while ironing. A quick and easy project that is actually useful in an everyday way! 

 

3 comments:

  1. Great job! your fabric is super cute! I kept meaning to make a new one for my burned board... but then got lazy and just bought one :( next time, next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric!! I have to try making a cover instead of buying one...yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!