Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dress in progress- Butterick 5599

I bought this fabric at Hancock's before we left for the wedding. It's a magenta, black and white swirl print. I made the bodice front and back, but felt tired and stopped last night. I of course had to screw something up! It was attaching the black band on the top. It involves turning on dots and sewing down the strip on a triangle point and it still makes no sense- to you or to me!  I will have to take it off and re-do it. 
 Here's what it should look like when I am finished. I made the contrast band version and I plan on adding bra cups to it, since it's a halter neck.
Thoughts? Tomorrow is the last day of school for students! This year has flown by! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is so cute! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your finished dress. I had been eying this pattern every time I flip through the catalog as Joann's, but I had wondered how difficult it would be. The fabric you chose is really pretty. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely. I dont think I've ever seen this pattern. I'm sure the finished dress will be very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I've never noticed this pattern before, either, but the contrast bands look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bodice looks fabulous! can't wait to see the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it will be a super cute summer dress! Very impressive, all those bands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric and the bands - I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this pattern. I can't wait to see yours finished. When I got my copy yesterday I was surprised to see the difficulty listed as "average." My idea of "average" definitely does not involve a dress with 14 pattern pieces for the bodice alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!