Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2018

A Parrot and his Egg- Halloween 2017

I was on maternity leave for Halloween and Claire is the easiest baby ever, so I was able to sew for a week straight and make Max an AMAZING bird costume! I asked him at least twenty times and he consistently said he wanted to be a bird- which is super impressive for a 2.5 yr old. Then, after I finished the costume and the day before Halloween, he said he wanted to be a dragon. LOL.

Claire was an egg. Makes them theme costumes and super easy!
 My inspiration from Pinterest or somewhere.
 In process:

 I layered the felt in rows like this and then sewed on continuous seam. This made it so the feathers moved as he walked.
 Practice run for a neighborhood trickortreat at shops event.
 I ordered yellow tights from Amazon, only to later realize that they were coming from China to get here just before Thanksgiving. Hahaha. Luckily, his friend Dia lent us her leggings and saved the day!
 If I were to make it again, I would either source red elastic online or cover the straps so that they don't contrast so much. However, every person we passed while Trick or Treating LOVED his costume and Max was so happy!


 I also bought him matching red gloves, since this is Chicago and it will be chilly or freezing. One year was an ice storm.
 My love!

I wonder what he will want to be next Halloween?!?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to 'see' you Molly - great costumes. Beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog looking for someone else in the world who has made Simplicity 4605, and I just had to tell you that bird costume is in fact totally awesome! Beautiful! Does he wear it all the time? I would. And the egg? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to believe this is just over a year ago, they both have grown so much! This bird & egg costumes are the best! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    This is one of our best quality products and you can buy this products online which helps to relief pain,depression, heart attacks, cancer and more
    Email: info@buymushroomonline.com, visit our site buy mushroomonline.com
    buy mdma pills online

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!