Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Fabrics

My mom sent me the fabric on the left. It is a tiny blue and white stripe Oxford cloth. She sent me a lot, at least 4 yards. I think she found it at a thrift store? I will use it to make up a test pattern for something that requires a lot of yardage, but I haven't decided what yet.

The pink is my lining for my cape that I bought from Vogue Fabrics online. It's bemberg lining in "blossom." It's very pretty pale pink and is exactly what I pictured in my mind.
Here it is next to the cape. I wanted it to be light and somewhat neutral, but still pretty.
Well, now I have something to work on since the welt pockets and collar have given me a mental block/ scared to *&^ it up. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. The pink lining fabric is so pretty! I love the soft feminine look of your cape. Once you try the welts out on test fabric I think you will find them as easy as buttonholes : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!